A mother's tales

I'm a mother, student, daughter..who is trying to remember the little things in life that influence me. I like to shop with my mom and sisters, dance with Ava, and am always searching for the perfect pair of heels. Ava, my little mamacita, is a huge inspiration and will likely take up most of my blogs. On a personal note, I like watching reality tv, am terrified of frogs and roaches, like Mexican food. My dream job would be being a writer for a soap opera.

Friday, March 09, 2007

God's timing

Well, posts like these are never easy to write. A friend of mine died this past weekend in a boating accident. Eli Elliott was twenty six and engaged and adopting his fiance's baby. It's heartbreaking to hear of his untimely death. Our families are very close and my mom has pictures of me, my brother Aaron, and Eli all together when we were very little. He was only a year older than me, and I have clear memories of when our families got together, he would tease me and play with me just like my brother would. My heart breaks for his family and close friends right now as they are left with the questions of why God chose to bring Eli home. Please pray for his family, his parents John and Patti, brother, John, sister, Lizzie, and fiance, Jeneva. Please pray that God embraces them during their time of grief and encourages them to remember Eli's smile and spirit so they always hold it with them. There was another young man who died in this accident as well, please pray the same for his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home