A mother's tales

I'm a mother, student, daughter..who is trying to remember the little things in life that influence me. I like to shop with my mom and sisters, dance with Ava, and am always searching for the perfect pair of heels. Ava, my little mamacita, is a huge inspiration and will likely take up most of my blogs. On a personal note, I like watching reality tv, am terrified of frogs and roaches, like Mexican food. My dream job would be being a writer for a soap opera.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I have a Dream

So, in my American Lit. class we read Martin Luther King's "I have a Dream" speech. Though I've heard portions of this speech numerous times, I had never read the entire thing...it's REALLY good. It gave me chills to actually read it. So, in honor of Black History Month, and just to share the sermon like poetry of a great writer...check it out: I have a Dream.
Enjoy and read slowly to ponder the message...it's amazing to think where we have come in such a short time. It's so foreign to my mind to think of these things actually happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home