A mother's tales

I'm a mother, student, daughter..who is trying to remember the little things in life that influence me. I like to shop with my mom and sisters, dance with Ava, and am always searching for the perfect pair of heels. Ava, my little mamacita, is a huge inspiration and will likely take up most of my blogs. On a personal note, I like watching reality tv, am terrified of frogs and roaches, like Mexican food. My dream job would be being a writer for a soap opera.

Monday, July 10, 2006

OK?..OK!


Ava's so funny lately. She's has really been expanding her vocab. She's likes to tell me what she's gonna do and then say "O'k?...O'k." Without me responding. It's funny to have this little bossy woman in training.
She really loves to sing right now. It's cute. She has a couple chinese CDs that she's been practicing with. She has an echo microphone, so she'll be ready for kereoke soon.

It's kinda special in the mornings because I go into her room and wake her with little kisses. Sometimes she gets mad and tries to hit me with her eyes still closed. She doesn't want to get up and go to school, but most days she happy to announce that she has woken up. Then she gets goes tt, gets dressed, and heads off to meet William in our bed. She always wakes him up with little kisses. Then, I put on her music and she lays in bed with William and they sing her chinese songs as I get ready.
She usually announces to me that I'm supposed to go away. I think she likes having her alone time with Baba.

Then, after we all get home from work and school, she takes William into her room to read to her for a little while. It's their routine. Again, I'm not allowed in her room. She'll shut the door on me. After about 15 min., she's happy to see me again and has her iteniary ready for me.
I know sometimes that children can show the way they will act as adults when they're young. William and I laugh because she is definately going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Other than singing and reading, she loves to go swimming and to play soccer, something our neighbors downstairs must love. The other day she saw pictures of me when I was pregnant so she made herself "pregnant" with a washcloth under her shirt...then after a while, she showed me her new baby...ELMO. That's scary!
It's interesting to think of what she was like a year ago and the things she liked to do and then now, so much has changed.
I can't imagine next year.....her little world is getting more interesting everyday, I guess so is mine.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ava makes life so much sweeter doesn't she?

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ava makes ALL of our lives so interesting! She is a little jewel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home