A mother's tales

I'm a mother, student, daughter..who is trying to remember the little things in life that influence me. I like to shop with my mom and sisters, dance with Ava, and am always searching for the perfect pair of heels. Ava, my little mamacita, is a huge inspiration and will likely take up most of my blogs. On a personal note, I like watching reality tv, am terrified of frogs and roaches, like Mexican food. My dream job would be being a writer for a soap opera.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Little Sponge


Well, I'm new to this blogging thing and I don't know where to start, so I figured I would start with my favorite topic....my daughter, Ava.
She's almost two and a half and seems to be shocking me and William every day with what she knows. She has this amazing capablity to remember everything she hears or sees. This kind of skill could be very useful in my political science class.
The other day she had her shoes on the wrong foot and she was borderline breakdown on no nap and a full day, but we needed to go to the store so when I told her the shoes were on the wrong foot she said: "Whatever, Momma". Where did that come from? I couldn't help but laugh at her developing diva personality.
She's learning so much and is really leaving that baby stage and becoming a big girl with her "big girl panties" and opinions on her clothes. I'm excited to watch her learn and laugh and really experience life, but sometimes I feel like it's flying by (ofcourse not at 5:00 p.m. when I'm waiting for the day to end ). I wish I could go back and relive a day when she was a little baby and I wrapped her up so tightly in those little blankets or when she was six months and just smiled everywhere she went and had no objections. At one, she waddled around the house and this small green ball was her favorite toy. But now she's halfway through two...and things are moving so fast. Soon she'll be my best friend...that's exciting too. It's such an amazing experience to have a baby and watch them grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home